Sunday, April 8, 2012

Holika Holika Eyelash #1

Hello everyone! I am back with another review and this time it is for one of my favorite items: eyelashes! I have extremely short, sparse, and just flat out wonky natural eyelashes so I wear falsies pretty much on a daily basis. I normally wear Ardell Babies but my recent pair finally got to the point of needing replacement, so I decided to broaden my horizons a bit. The Holika Holika eyelashes have been on my wishlist since I found Pretty and Cute so I finally caved and bought Holika Holika Eyelashes style 1.
Pretty picture

My picture
I've never tried the crisscross style before but I have heard that they are much more natural looking, and I have to agree.
One thing I really didn't like about the packaging is that the glue they used to hold the eyelashes to the white form was really strong and I had a difficult time getting the residue off. I think it also may have been the reason for another issue that I will mention later on.
Now is time for some pictures.
*please excuse my expressions in these >.< there is no way to take a good picture of just eyelashes*
Eyelashes with mascara + curled :/
Left side mascara+curled/Right side Holika Holika eyelash
the lashes really change my eye shape quite a bit o.o
Side with Holika Holika eyelash.
As you can see, it doesn't add too much curl, but it adds length and definition.
Here are the Holika Holika lashes looking up so you can see the pattern on.
These are very natural looking, especially since they add mostly volume and length.
One issue that I did have with these eyelashes is that the inner corner of the left one pair comes off every single day! It will last a few hours and then the inner corner needs to be glued down again. I think that it is because of the glue that was used to package the lashes, but I am not sure.

Definition/Curl/Volume: These lashes do not have much curl and are mostly for volume. I know some people curl their false lashes, but I am not one to do so and cannot guarantee what the result would be if you curled these.

Lasting power: I have been using these for a week and they are still holding up well, though the band has lost some of it's shape. I have to roll the lash back into a crescent before applying.

Price: $3.50/pair. This seems like the average for any pair of false eyelashes.

Overall: 3.5/5 I like these eyelashes well enough, but I will not be repurchasing. The fact that I have to re-glue them every few hours is something that I do not want to deal with and I know there are many other kinds of crisscross false lashes out there. It may have just been the glue, but if I am going to try another pair of Holika Holika lashes, it will be a different style.

No comments:

Post a Comment