Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Etude House Dear My Blooming Lip (BE104 and OR205)

Cosmetic Love is currently having a promotion where you buy two or more Etude House Dear My Blooming lipsticks, and you get a free Kiss Note notebook. The order also came with a Etude House SHINee poster.
I've seen mixed reviews about the lipsticks, but in the end I had to buy two! Picking only two colours when there are 24 available is hard, let me tell you! I narrowed it down to 8 that I liked, and my friends helped me pick out the two. I ended up with BE104 and I was talked into trying OR205 by my coworkers. OR205 has a few reviews out, but I have yet to see one for BE104, so this was a complete surprise for me!


(For all images click for larger view)
Etude House is known for their overly cute products and this one is no exception.

Reviews
BE104
The first and last pictures are taken in direct sunlight and the true colour is really a dark mauve. I thought it was going to be a bit more of a natural looking dark plum but I was way off! The Dear My Blooming lipsticks have buildable colour and it isn't a bad colour with just one swipe, but to get only one even swipe of lipstick I have to take out my lip stud and I am too lazy for that unless I am going out.

OR205
My coworkers talked me into getting this colour over OR204 and I am so glad I did! I was so scared it was going to be a really strong orange colour and it isn't that bad at all. I've never tried any form of tangerine or orange lip colour before so this was a first and I am glad I tried it. It worked with my skin tone well I think. I have dry lips and it really shows if I don't put lip balm over the top.

After trying them on, I was almost wondering if BE104 was a more opaque dupe for Lancome's discontinued Matte Lustre Clair (my going out go-to) but sadly it wasn't.

Lasting power: These are a standard lipstick that will come off if you eat or drink. Other than that, I could go about 2 hours before needing to reapply.
Colour: The colour is very opaque right away and builds to be more vibrant.
Price: $12 each approximately at Cosmetic Love.
Overall: 4.5/5 The colour payoff was great on these and I liked that the colour could be built up. Like most lipsticks, if you have dry lips you are going to need to put balm over or under it to prevent dark lines. The only thing I did not like about these was the price, since I really just don't like paying a lot of money for cosmetics but I would consider repurchasing OR205 someday if I cannot find a cheaper dupe.

Wearing Elisha Coy Always Triple, Holika Holika Eyelashes #1, Almay Liquid Eyeliner (Hazel eyes version, though yes, I have green eyes), OFRA bronzer, and Dear My Blooming in OR205 +Shini Star (Peach)

2 comments:

  1. the color is great :D i bought OR 204 but haven't seen it yet ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really love them!
      Oooo I can't wait to see what OC204 looks like! It looks like a really gorgeous peach!

      Delete