Monday, April 16, 2012

Etude House Shini Star Lip Balms (3 types)

Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last post because I have had a cold and didn't really want to take any pictures. Before that though, I posted that I had ordered a few things and Etude House's Shini Star lip balms were part of that. These lip balms are pretty well known for the fact that the kpop group SHINee's signatures are at the bottom of the containers when you are done. I actually didn't know about the signatures until after I had ordered the first one... and ended up buying two more. I'm not a huge fan of the group, but I do like a few of the guys and I also love lip balm since I have super dry lips.

 
Here is the actual promo for the lip balms with each idol with their balm.
My picture
The first one I ordered was Guava (Taemin) since I have a thing for tropical fruit flavoured things. After I found out about the signatures, and also Cosmetic Love, I bought Key's (Fashion Fruit) and after trying the first two, I bought Onew's (Peach).
Here is an individual break down first, then I will do a full review.
Taemin's Guava
The scent of this is very nice, smells like guava, but there really isn't a taste to this at all. That may be a plus to some, but I am a gloss eater and it was a bit disappointing. I really liked the colour, just a hint of pink to my lips.

Key's Fashion Fruit
I was really hoping to love this one, and sadly, I absolutely hated it. The smell is very light, and it tastes like soap. Straight up soap. I had one of my coworkers try it and she made a great face when I told her to taste her lips. I am not very familiar to the scent of passion fruit, so maybe the light scent is accurate, but to me it was just a bust. I have is next to my computer and only use it when I need some extra shine on webcam and don't want to waste my other lip balms since while drinking.

Onew's Peach
After I tried the first two, I ended up buying the peach version from Cosmetic Love and it was actually cheaper (by quite a lot) than the Amazon buyer I had gotten the other two from. Anyways, the scent smells exactly like Peach-O's. For anyone who doesn't know what those are, here is a picture:
They are amazing. The gloss tastes like artificial peach and fades after a few minutes to be very light and pleasant.
Lasting power: I am a gloss eater (constantly roll my lips) so these last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour on before I have to re-apply. It does have a very sticky consistency, so I think there is the possibility that it could last a while if you don't play with it much.

Colour: The three I got are all pretty sheer, with just a hint of pink in each one.

Price: At Cosmetic Love, these are just under $8 with free shipping. The two I ordered from Amazon came to a total of $21 including shipping.

Overall: 2.5/5 Overall, I think this is a product that you should buy if you want the tins. There is nothing super special about the balm itself. It is your basic balm with just a hint of colour and average moisturizing abilities. One of my friends is ordering the Cherry one (Minho's) so I will probably end up ordering the grapefruit just so we have a whole set but I won't be reordered any of the flavours.

Bonus picture!
I have actually dug a hole in my peach gloss from usage and you can start to see the signature xD

No comments:

Post a Comment