Monday, April 2, 2012

Etude House Follow Me Lip Tint

I have to admit, the item I was most excited about from my Cosmetic Love order was Etude House's Follow Me lip tint. I loved both shades but ever since I saw Pink Follower, I knew it needed to be in my life! And for more than the fact that I have a lady boner for CL. ♥

Official Picture
What makes this tint so special is that it actually goes on as a shade somewhere between pink and fuchsia depending on "your passion" despite the fact that the product looks green!
My Pictures
Here is a size comparison to a Sinful Colors nail polish bottle, because I was a bit shocked at the size. I was thinking it was around the size of a lip gloss tube. You do get a lot of product though!
The product is legit teal! That wall behind it is a light seafoam/teal and you can see it looks grey compared to this!
In different lighting. This is also how much there is.
Now that I have posted a ton of pictures of the products, time for pictures of the actual results!
My lips pre-tint with no products
(in bathroom)
My lips with only Pink Follower on
Click for bigger picture
(inside lighting, in window lighting, bathroom lighting)

And as you can see, it really does change colours. It started out a medium pink/magenta on me and after about 2-3 minutes, it was more of a magenta/fuchsia on me. It's a bit more purple in real life and much more vibrant but I just can't seem to photograph it correctly. :/ The last one is probably the closest.

One thing I noticed is that after I applied the tint, the stick had streaks of pink on it.
After a while, the streaks actually get darker but it doesn't actually do anything to the product.

Colour: The colour varies but I really like it. It is outside of the box and you aren't exactly sure what you are going to get. This could either be a pro or a con, depending on the person.

Moisture: As you can see, it doubles as a balm. It kept my lips moist the whole time that the product was on. Once I ate, my lips were a little dry, especially around the outside, and I needed to apply balm.

Lasting Power: After I ate, a majority of the colour was gone but I did still have a pink tint around the outside of my lips for about 3 hours after eating. It was minimal on me, but still noticeably pink.

Price: $7.98 on Cosmetic Love + free shipping worldwide. For this price, I am going to be buying the Tangerine version.

Overall: I am going to buy this again! The colour is fun since you aren't sure what exactly you are always going to get. It's something I can see myself wearing everyday since the colour is very vibrant when you first put it on, but ends up muting a bit after a few hours. I can also put my own lip gloss or lip balm over the top and it doesn't wear it off, unlike with lip stick. Also, I was having a hard time placing a finger on the scent, but I think it might be musk melon scented and the scent isn't very strong.

Has anyone else tried this lip tint? Or is there a different lip tint that you love?
If so, let me know! ♥
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment