Sunday, March 25, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain Review + Skin79 (Pink) Update

I have been using my Skin79 Super BB Cream (Hot Pink) for this entire week and I do have to say I notice a bit of oil on my nose around noon-2pm, which is very normal. I also have only had one new pimple during this week, so I have to say that it does not cause me to break out. I am still not 100% happy with the coverage, but I have been pairing it with a concealer most days and together they are perfect.

While I am waiting for my other BB Cream samples to come, I decided to give Revlon's Just Bitten lip stain a try. I have always used nude/peach coloured lipsticks and lipglosses so my friend wanted me to go outside of the box and try an actual colour! I grabbed Passion, because it was pink but didn't look too light or too bright. What drew me to Revlon's lip stain was that it comes with a lip balm on the end so that your lips don't dry out.
Here is a pretty picture of the tube from Google.

Here is my picture.
Colour: The colour was actually very similar to the colour of the container! I was very shocked and expected it to be a bit lighter, since that tends to be the case with lipstick.
On the left, my lips bare. They are very pigmented on their own. On the right, Passion.
As you can see, it is very pink. It was also taken in outside light for better colour.

Moisture: I applied the lip balm about two minutes after the stain had been applied and I noticed that it needed to be reapplied about ever hour to hour and a half. I do have dry lips, so others with dry lips please keep in mind you will probably have to moisturize often.

Lasting Power: I was actually very impressed with the lasting power of the stain. Five hours of work, some ravioli, an energy drink, and a veggie burger later, I took an after picture.
The lighting is very different, but you should be able to see that the colour is definitely still there!
Price: $7-8 at my Walmart.

Overall
: I did really like this lip stain, though I didn't really have any other lip stains to compare it to yet. It lasted much longer than my Lancome lipstick and started to fade after about 5-6 hours of food, drinks, and a cigarette. The balm wasn't quite moisturizing enough for me, but if you have normal lips you shouldn't have a problem. The colour was very accurate to the container and though I felt very self conscious with pink lips, it wasn't the lip stains fault.
I would recommend this and will probably buy another in the future in a different shade.
Has anyone else bought Just Bitten? Or any other lip stains? If so, what were your experiences like?

No comments:

Post a Comment