Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ElishaCoy: Always Triple BB Cream Review

Well, my week of Skin79 Super BB (Hot Pink) has been over and despite the fact I really liked it, I only ordered more samples instead of the whole tube. I want to find one with better coverage before I purchase an entire bottle, so that brings us to the next BB cream by ElishaCoy.
ElishaCoy Always Triple BB Cream

When I ordered my moisturizer from Pretty and Cute I picked this as my free sample.
It's main claims are to minimize wrinkles, whiten/brighten your skin, while also evening out your skintone. I always have patches of red to my face and anything that can even it out will be amazing!
This is my sample packet. Honestly, this stuff goes a LONG way!
This little sample packet lasted me 4 days of coverage plus swatching on my hand, which honestly was probably another day of product at least. >.> I wasn't quite used to the consistency at that point.
This is one of the BB Cream comparison swatches and you can see what I mean:
The reason this happened is it is very liquidy and goes on very smooth, but at the same time the consistency of the product itself is very thick and matte.
New before pictures:
And me with ElishaCoy Always Triple BB Cream on:
This is WITHOUT powder! See what I mean by thick and matte?
If you still think its not that thick, here is it real up close and personal:
Once again, this is WITHOUT powder. That is just the BB Cream.
And how much product did I use? Somewhere between the size of a pea and the size of a lima bean, which is the same amount I use of the Skin79.

This isn't exactly a bad thing though. The coverage I get with Always Triple is amazing!
After I set it with a powder, that is it! I am good until it is time for me to take it off at the end of the day. At around 6-8 hours of wear a little redness started to come in at the very top of my cheeks but I also touch that part of my face when I do my eye makeup.

Coverage: 4/5 COVERED! I have one spot on my nose that is very dark and that is the only think that wasn't covered. Everything else I would say had a 90% coverage minimum! This is due to the fact it is very thick and matte. If you are looking for that "dewy" look or have sensitive/acne prone skin, this is not going to be the BB cream for you.

Lasting ability: 4.5/5 The first day I tried this I was also colouring my hair. Being the smart person I am, I decided to put it on before I rinsed out the colour. -.- It was still on at least 80% 0.0 I was careful about my face but still, running your head under a faucet does tend to affect your make up more than that.
At work, where it is warm and I am running around a lot, it held up about 7 hours before I noticed redness/acne. Still no acne scars though :D
Just sitting at home, it lasted 8 hours before there was the redness I mentioned above.

Colour match: I am around NC 20 and this was bordering on too light for me. I would say if you are a NC15 this will probably be perfect and if you are NC 10 or 20, you may want a powder that will have a bit of tint to it to make up for the difference.

Price: 5/5 $39 USD for 50ml. I don't think this is a bad price considering how little of this product you need per application. If you don't want to spend that much though, I suggest getting trying to find the 15ml tube. At the moment, you can find the 15ml on eBay for around $11-15 USD before shipping.

Overall: 3.5/5 I cannot judge this products anti-wrinkle powers since I only have mild crow's feet and those seem to change daily. I've noticed no difference in my skin colour being lightened at all, but it may take more than a week. It has a very matte finish even before powder, which takes time getting used to. You almost have to figure out exactly how to apply it just right or else you can look very "cake faced." I don't think this is a good product for someone who is not familiar with foundations/BB creams, people with sensitive or acne prone skin, or people who want a "dewy" finish. Also, if you are darker than NC20/25, you will probably be disappointed.

Here is my face in natural light with Always Triple on with powder. I am also no longer a red-head by the way! I decided to finally switch it up and I am a RUSK 6.8 Chocolate Brown. ^^
Has anyone else tried any ElishaCoy products? If so, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    Thanks for your review :D
    Could you please tell me about the ingredients in that bb cream?
    Thanks for you help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a lot of samples of this BB cream. I don't like the fact that your pores are so visible :( I wonder what this BB will look like on my face...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take into consideration that I did not use any form of face primer under this. I also have very large pores, so if yours are smaller, it should be fine.

      Delete