Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream Review

So this is the first of my BB Cream review in a project I am trying to hopefully find a base that:

  • I like.
  • Is light but has good coverage.
  • Will not make my skin break out much despite cleansing.
  • Gives me a healthy glow instead of making me look like I have costume makeup on.

I have been hesitant to try bb creams in the past because I was worried they wouldn't work well for my skin tone. I am Euroamerican and my skin is pale, with undertones that change between red and molted purple. Apparently though, my mum thought "Why the hell not?" because during one of my daily raids of her makeup box, I noticed she had a new foundation and, what do you know, BB cream. She had seen it in my bookmarks and decided to give it a try. I gave it a try and it wasn't as bad as I had thought. Upon more research, it wasn't anything like what I had thought and all fears that I would be glowing white were gone. And that is how my quest to find a BB cream that fits my skin type the best.


First on the list is Garnier's Skin Renew BB Cream in Light-Medium.


Coverage: Light. Covered my older acne scars and took care of most of the redness, but took a few applications and did not cover my current acne.
Lasting ability: I have combination skin and this lasted approximately 5 hours before the redness was back but most of the acne scars were still pretty covered until about the 7th hour.
Colour match: It blends into my skin very well, which is around NC 20-25.
Overall: I like it, though I would like something that lasts a bit longer and has a little more coverage.

And pictures or it didn't happen. Because really, makeup reviews need photos.

Before: Acne scars, redness, and mild seasonal acne


After: Still some acne but mostly covered.

The next BB Cream will be Skin79 Super BB Cream (Hot Pink) from Pretty and Cute, which is where I will be purchasing pretty much all of my products, and already buy my moisturizer from.Link

2 comments:

  1. too bad garnier bb cream is not yet available here in the phils :(

    you may want to check out my recent bb cream reviews here:

    http://beautyanon.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/battle-bb-creams-missha-x-skin79-x-liole/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked it out. I like how you have a chart! So organized! ^^
      I honestly wouldn't suggest the Garnier BB Cream, but I'm pretty sure you can find it on ebay or amazon?
      I can't find ANY Korean bb creams around me. I have to buy them all online.

      Delete