Monday, May 28, 2012

Rimmel Glam'eyes Quad Eyeshadow - 002 Smokey Brun + EOTD

This is the second palette I am reviewing from my No Lancome Eyeshadow Challenge.  I don't have too many browns so when I saw that the Rimmel quads came with a $1 off coupon, Smokey Brun was an easy choice.
The palette consists of a cream coloured highlighter, a warm tan, a gold, and a brown. All of these have a light gold shimmer to them, which I find very light but pretty.

Left to right
#1: This is the suggested all over eye colour and I really like it. The pigmentation isn't as strong with my brush as it is with the included swab, but I think that's why I love it as a base.  I actually find myself using this just in my crease when I need something casual paired with mascara.
#2: Suggested crease colour. This is a dark gold. It blends well with the base and the liner colour and doesn't have too much fall out. It does take a few swatches to get a good pigmentation.
#3: This has become my go-to highlighter.  It blends well with my skintone and doesn't have too much frosting to it.
#4: This liner I don't use much to be honest.  I use just a bit at the bottom outside corner of my eye, since it is dark.

EOTD
Rimmel Smokey Brun palette, Maybelline Falsies mascara, and ELF eyeshadow primer and liner (brown)

I think the lasting ability of these are pretty average with around 4-6 hours of wear.  I don't think I will buy another one of these and instead stick with the 16 Hour Quads, but for $3, it was worth a try.

1 comment: