Sunday, May 27, 2012

St. Moriz Dark Tanning Mousse Review


I have had mixed reviews with fan tanners in the past.  My first experience was in the 7th grade when my mum thought I was too pale and bought me one from the gym we went to. Ever since that, I have never tanned naturally :/ Just burned.  I am also super pale and my skin is very reactive with strange yellow/pink undertones.  I have tried Jurgen's gradual tanner which I felt didn't do much for me, Hawaiian Tropic's old tanning mousse which did wonders for my arms but for some reason would never tan my chest o.o, and St. Tropez tanning lotion while in college. I quickly became obsessed with St. Tropez but sadly my mini bottle quickly ran out and I wasn't all too keen on spending $40/bottle.  Then I got pointed in the direction of St. Moriz! It is the same awkward brown/green colour as St. Tropez (I do not have a sample of this anymore so I can't tell you if they are identical in colour but they are the same colour type) and for $11 including shipping from the UK, it was an easy buy!

Application: 4.5/5  The bottle gets quite messy after it has been opened but if you make sure to wipe it down every time, it will not be an issue.  When it is first applied, some spots may be splotchy or streaky. As long as you make sure to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand, you should be good though once the guide colour washes off. Controlling the amount of the pumps can be very annoying, which is why I prefer lotions to mousse.



Lasting ability: 4.5/5  This is a product you need to really let dry first. The first time I applied it I applied just before bed and went straight to sleep. I woke up the next morning, rinsed off the remaining guide colour, and only had a very light tan. The second time I applied it, waited an hour, and then went to bed and it came out better.  Five days later it was fading but faded well for me. If you are having an issue of it fading weird, make sure your skin isn't getting too dry.  Tanned skin that isn't moisturized enough will fade splotchy.

Colour match: 5/5 I am around NC 20 with yellow/pink undertones.  This means the drug store tanners made me look too yellow. This gave me a very natural tan colour without any orange or yellow!
 Skin right after application
 (some splotchy spots on my collar area that went away)
(tan arm on top, untanned leg on bottom)
Skin five days later
 
Price: 5/5 You cannot beat $6 a bottle, especially compared to St. Tropez. I just wished they had a lotion version since mousse isn't my favorite form of product.
 Overall: 4.5/5  I will be making sure to keep this stocked at my house in the future.


*BONUS*
I was being silly and giddy with one of my friends and was taking silly pictures on her bed.
Why am I giddy? Because I have a boyfriend now! ^^

3 comments: