Friday, January 18, 2013

Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation #001 Ivory


Last year I had decided to take a break from foundations and stick with lighter BB creams after I was able to overcome most of my acne and deminish the scarring.  Recently I decided that for winter I would like to branch out into foundations again, but sadly when I swatched the Urban Decay's cream foundation that my ULTA carried it was too dark. Next I went to Benefits foundation; still too dark.  I marched myself over to the drugstore side and browsed through a few sections until I decided that Revlon's buy one get one 50% was a good reason to try out their PhotoReady foundation.

From Revlon's site:
Revlon PhotoReady™ Makeup - for poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish.
- Oil free
- Fragrance free
- SPF 20
-Comes in 12 shades

My skin during the winter, when my ezctma is at its worse, can be sensitive to  fragrance so the fact its fragrance free is a major plus to me. The product really doesn't have a smell, if anything it smells kinda like plastic; nothing I'm too worried about.  SPF is also a major plus for me ^^
How does the product actually hold up though? Does it deliver porelesss, airbrushed skin?

Here is an upclose before picture:


And here is an upclose after picture:
(There is no primer or moisturizer under this foundation as I wanted to see how it worked on its own)
From this close up, I would not say it gives a poreless finish unless you have very unnoticeable pores to begin with. It does however, do a great job getting rid of almost all my acne scarring and demishing my redness. From further away, you can see that "airbrush finish" showing through much better.
(Only wearing lipgloss and UD Grifter+mascara to focus on the foundation)
You can still see my pores quite distinctly when using this foundation alone, but with a primer applied first, it wasn't much of an issue.  All my acne scars and virtually non-exsistant in this photo and most of my redness is muted.
The night I reviewed this I had plans to go shopping and then over to a friend's gaming party. I took the above photo at 10am in the morning and then quickly snapped a picture when I got home at 4pm.
(The lightings are a bit different which couldn't be helped as it gets dark at 4pm right now ^^;)
My complexion much more red, my nose much more shiny, but over all my skin still looks much smoother.

Here is an upclose of the 6 hour mark:

This close up you can see some of the acne scarring around the edges of my face and on my chin are starting to show and the redness is much less muted.

So how do I feel about this foundation?
Overall: 3.5/5 
I do like the coverage this foundation gives when worn with a moisturizer and primer, but on days when I am in a rush and don't have time to add extra steps, my Elisha Coy BB cream gives a smoother look for longer.  When I have time to sit down and do my makeup, I will be reaching for this way before I reach for their Nearly Naked (which will be reviewed soon) but I don't see myself going out and buying it as soon as I start getting low. I will probably look for something that covers my pores much better.
Another plus I forgot to mention about this product is that it has a pump to despense product rather than just and open top. That is the reason this product gets the extra .5 in my opinion, or else it would just be a 3.

Has anyone else tried this product? What were your reactions?
And make sure to follow me to stay updated on my newest reviews.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment